Friday, October 26, 2007

China - Genyen - Part 1 - We're back

Oh my god! We just got back from a trip of a life time. Ten days into the Genyen area on the Tibetan plateau, over 80 miles of exploring some of the most amazing terrain I've ever seen, meeting some even more amazing nomadic people, and a major first ascent of an unclimbed, unnamed 5965 meter peak. It was an incredible adventure. More to come when I can get some pictures uploaded (hopefully in Kang Ding - I still have to finish up the last trip too!)

We're in Litang now, a rugged Tibetan town that sits just over 4,000 meters high. Tomorrow we're headed back to Kang Ding, then on to Dan Ba and we're hoping to make a stop in Rilong to visit our friends the Ma's on our way back to Chengdu. Jay will be headed back home from there, and Michelle and I will continue carrying the torch to Lhasa then Nepal.

No comments: